After releasing the third build a couple of weeks ago, Apple today seeded registered developers with the fourth betas of iOS 13 and iPadOS. Public testers can expect a third beta later this week.
iOS 13 brings a ton of new features to the table for iPhone users, while those on iPad get an entirely dedicated OS with new gestures and UI elements. Here’s a breakdown of some of the features you’ll find across the board.
- Dark mode all the things!
- New portrait lighting controls
- All-new Photos app
- Video editing w/ video rotation
- Sign In with Apple log-in method (similar to Facebook/Google log-in)
- All-new Maps experience
- All-new CarPlay UI
- New Siri voice
- Audio sharing with two sets of AirPods on one iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Message announcements via Siri in AirPods
- New Memoji controls
- Memoji Stickers
- Swipe typing
- All-new Reminders app
- Faster performance
- 30 percent faster Face ID
- ARKit 3 w/ background object support
The new software can be installed by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your registered device. From there, you should see the latest beta ready to be downloaded. After making sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and have enough battery life, go ahead and hit install.