Following the release of the first public beta late last month, Apple today released the third developer beta of iOS 13 and iPadOS for testing on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The software will be released to all users this fall.
iOS 13 brings a ton of new features to the table for iPhone users, while those on iPad get an entirely dedicated OS with new gestures and UI elements. Here’s a breakdown of some of the features you’ll find across the board.
- Dark mode all the things!
- New portrait lighting controls
- All-new Photos app
- Video editing w/ video rotation
- Sign In with Apple log-in method (similar to Facebook/Google log-in)
- All-new Maps experience
- All-new CarPlay UI
- New Siri voice
- Audio sharing with two sets of AirPods on one iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Message announcements via Siri in AirPods
- New Memoji controls
- Memoji Stickers
- Swipe typing
- All-new Reminders app
- Faster performance
- 30 percent faster Face ID
- ARKit 3 w/ background object support
The new software can be installed by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your registered device. From there, you should see the latest beta ready to be downloaded. After making sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and have enough battery life, go ahead and hit install.