After the release of the second build a few weeks ago, Apple today made the third developer beta of watchOS 6 available to all eligible Apple Watch developers. The new software update will roll out to every Apple Watch user this fall, around the time the new iPhones launch.
watchOS 6 carries plenty of useful features that could come in handy. Here’s a breakdown of some of the most anticipated ones.
- New watch faces
- New complications powered by Siri
- Shazam integration with Siri
- Webpage-powered responses to Siri questions
- Dedicated App Store
- New Audiobooks app
- New Calculator app
- Animoji stickers in messages
- Activity Trends to track your progress over time
- Menstrual cycle tracking
- Hearing health tracking
- All-new Health app on Watch and iPhone
The new software can be installed by going to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and searching for a new software update. You’ll have to have your Apple Watch connected to its charger in order for the update to install.