Apps & Software Google News

Google Says 11.5% of Devices Are Running Android Nougat

Google has released Android’s current statistics via a pie chart uploaded to the Android Developers website. In the chart, it states that after over 10 months of being available, Android Nougat has entered double digits and is running on 11.5% of all devices.

Screenshot (569)

Specifically, version 7.0 of the OS is now on 10.6% while version 7.1 is running on 0.9% for a total of 11.5%. Overall, Nougat has seen a 2% bump over last month. This is thanks to new devices from Lenovo and OnePlus that are running the software alongside software updates to older devices. Hopefully, it won’t be long before we see the OS reach 20%. This is doubtful, however, as Android O is right around the corner.

For reference, Marshmallow climbed onto 0.6% more devices and is now on 31.8%; Lollipop is on 30.1%; KitKat is on 17.1%; Jelly Bean is on 8.1%; Ice Cream Sandwich sits like a slug at 0.7%, and Gingerbread joins it on 0.7% of devices.

Advertisements

Max Buondonno is a technology enthusiast who has been working as a journalist in this industry for more than two years. He has grown up in the age where everyone has a smartphone which has influenced his decision to become a professional technology writer, his passion in life. He's dipped his toes in the development of websites, while you can ask him anything about Apple, Google, or Microsoft and he's bound to give you an answer. He's reachable on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and email.

0 comments on “Google Says 11.5% of Devices Are Running Android Nougat

Leave a Comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: