Users of Google’s multiple platforms are naturally fans of dark themes. Whether it’s Android or other services, a dark mode is always welcome. So a dark mode for the company’s biggest media streaming platform is probably a good idea.
As discovered on Reddit, Google’s YouTube is getting a dark mode. There’s a few steps you need to take to check it out for yourself, but once you have, you’ll enjoy a fresh, dark coat of paint while you stream your favorite videos. You’ll also gain access to the new material design makeover in both regular mode and dark mode.
Here’s how to enable dark mode for YouTube.
- Open Google Chrome on either your Mac or Windows PC and visit YouTube.com
- Visit developer options by hitting CTRL + Shift + I on Windows or Command + Option + I on Mac
- Find and click the “Console” tab
- Paste the following command and hit Enter: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE”
- Close the developer options window
- Refresh the webpage
- Click on your profile picture
- Click the toggle in the drop-down list to activate dark mode
We still have yet to hear official word from Google that dark mode for YouTube is a thing, but they’re clearly gearing up to introduce it soon. Stay tuned.