OnePlus has announced the roll out of the first Android 7.1.1 Nougat beta for their 2016 flagships, the 3 and 3T. Alongside the OS version number upgrade which includes App Shortcuts and better battery management, OnePlus is adding a bunch of notable changes and additions which can be found below.
- Upgraded to Android 7.1.1
- New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option
- Gallery Improvements
- New photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options
- Newly added media will be highlighted in Photos section
- Image location will be displayed on grid view
- Media can be grouped by month and year
- Folders and individual media can be hidden
- General bug fixes
Known Issues and Fixes
- Android pay not able to work on London TFL/Tube
- This can be resolved by updating the app via Play store
- Compatibility issues with certain third party apps
For those of you already on the OxygenOS beta, you’re all set. Just search for the OTA to hit your 3 or 3T and tap download. If you aren’t on the beta, you’ll need to flash a factory image via ADB on your PC or Mac. You can find links to the images and instructions below.