With this update your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch gain improvements to Notes, News, Apple Music and a new feature called Night Shift that may even help you get a better night’s sleep by shifting the colors in your display you the warmer end of the spectrum at night. This release also includes additional improvements and bug fixes.
As expected, Apple has released the next version iOS, iOS 9.3, to the public for installation on iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches around the world. This comes after quite a lengthy beta process we’ve been following for over two months.
iOS 9.3 brings lots of different features to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch alike. Here’s a rundown of all of them:
- Night Shift mode to adjust colors based on time of day and location of device
- Password protecting (with Touch ID support) notes in the Notes app
- Ability to jump to corresponding apps from Apple Pay and passes in Wallet app
- iPhone Landscape support + more personalization in the News app
- New 3D Touch shortcuts from Home screen for Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, iTunes Store
- Siri Support for Hebrew, Finish, and Malay
- Choose to Duplicate a Live Photo as a Still Photo when exporting from Photos app
- Taptic Feedback when accessing multitasking via 3D Touch
- Activity app data in the Health app
- New Workout data section in the Apple Watch Activity app
- iOS Education upgrades
- Enhanced Apple Music support in CarPlay
- iCloud for iBooks now syncs PDFs and more
- New ‘Duplicate’ action in Photos
- Verizon Wi-Fi Calling
- Fixed Control Center icons in landscape
- Apple News settings in Sweden, possibly other countries (although no app)
- New star icons next to track numbers in Music
And here’s Apple’s official release notes for the software update (source: 9to5Mac):
To check for the update on your device, head to Settings > General > Software Update. Keep in mind that many people are probably trying to get the update at the same time, so if you don’t see the update the first time you check, wait a few minutes and try again.
Have you received the update yet? Let us know what your thoughts on in the comments!
You must log in to post a comment.