Last week, Apple released the sixth build of the next software upgrade for iOS 9 to developers and public beta testers for testing. Now, the company has decided to do the same thing with the seventh beta of iOS 9.3.
So far, we’ve seen a lot of new features found in iOS 9.3, like the new Night Shift toggle, iOS Education enhancements, new 3D Touch shortcuts, and more. Here’s a rundown of all of them:
- Night Shift mode to adjust colors based on time of day and location of device
- Password protecting (with Touch ID support) notes in the Notes app
- Ability to jump to corresponding apps from Apple Pay and passes in Wallet app
- iPhone Landscape support + more personalization in the News app
- New 3D Touch shortcuts from Home screen for Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, iTunes Store
- Siri Support for Hebrew, Finish, and Malay (not available yet on the Apple Watch)
- Feedback app (in the beta only)
- Choose to Duplicate a Live Photo as a Still Photo when exporting from Photos app
- Taptic Feedback when accessing multitasking via 3D Touch
- Activity app data in the Health app
- New Workout data section in the Apple Watch Activity app
- iOS Education upgrades
- Enhanced Apple Music support in CarPlay
- iCloud for iBooks now syncs PDFs and more
- New ‘Duplicate’ action in Photos
- Verizon Wi-Fi Calling
- Fixed Control Center icons in landscape
- Apple News settings in Sweden, possibly other countries (although no app)
- New star icons next to track numbers in Music
In beta 5, we saw the return of Apple Pencil navigation support along with a simplified Night Shift toggle in Control Center, while beta 6 didn’t include any new user-facing features but rather bug fixes and stability increases. So far, beta 7 hasn’t proven to feature anything new and it’s probably due to the fact that it’s one of the last builds of iOS 9.3 (if not the last) before the official release of the update which is expected to be next week after Apple’s event, but we’ll update this post if we find anything notable.
You must log in to post a comment.