Apple has begun to roll out the fifth beta of iOS 9.3 to customers who are registered with the company’s developer program. This comes nine days after the fourth beta hit airwaves and made it to devs to try out.
One new feature iOS 9.3 beta 5 brings is the restoration of full functionality to the iPad Pro for use with the Apple Pencil. Users have complained about previous betas axing support for scrolling and navigation via the Pencil, and Apple acknowledged that. Now, owners of the 12.9-inch iPad can use the Pencil just like a stylus, which is pretty much how people think of the Pencil anyway.
Another new feature found in the latest build is a simplified Night Shift toggle. Now, users can just tap the button in Control Center to toggle “on” or “off” the screen adjusting utility opposed to the confusing pop-up menu that used to show up saying “Turn On For Now” or “Turn On Until Tomorrow”.
Here’s some screenshots of the new Night Shift toggle (source: 9to5Mac):
Besides the new features listed above, the iOS 9.3 beta series has brought over a ton of new features to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Here’s a rundown of them:
- Night Shift mode to adjust colors based on time of day and location of device
- Password protecting (with Touch ID support) notes in the Notes app
- Ability to jump to corresponding apps from Apple Pay and passes in Wallet app
- iPhone Landscape support + more personalization in the News app
- New 3D Touch shortcuts from Home screen for Weather, Settings, Compass, Health, App Store, iTunes Store
- Siri Support for Hebrew, Finish, and Malay (not available yet on the Apple Watch)
- Feedback app (in the beta only)
- Choose to Duplicate a Live Photo as a Still Photo when exporting from Photos app
- Taptic Feedback when accessing multitasking via 3D Touch
- Activity app data in the Health app
- New Workout data section in the Apple Watch Activity app
- iOS Education upgrades
- Enhanced Apple Music support in CarPlay
- iCloud for iBooks now syncs PDFs and more
- New ‘Duplicate’ action in Photos
- Verizon Wi-Fi Calling
- Fixed Control Center icons in landscape
- Apple News settings in Sweden, possibly other countries (although no app)
- New star icons next to track numbers in Music
We’ll update this post if we find anything else notable in the new build!
You must log in to post a comment.