After several months of beta testing, Cortana, Microsoft’s digital personal assistant found on Windows 10 desktops and Windows Mobile phones, has officially landed on the Google Play and App Stores. This means that you can give Siri the boot and switch to the other side on your iPhone, or say “OK, goodbye” to Google Now on your Android device and say “Hello” to your new girlfriend “(crickets)”!
To download Cortana, you must be running iOS 8 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and have at least Android 4.0 ICS on your Android device, and, by now, who doesn’t?
Microsoft’s goal with their latest app for iOS and Android is to make transitions between your PC and mobile devices as seamless as possible. Here’s the description of the app:
Cortana is your truly personal assistant—helping you get things done by letting your PC and iPhone work together. Your schedule, your interests, your people, your reminders—Cortana makes sure all that stuff is available wherever you need it. Set a reminder to pick up milk on the way home while you’re on your PC at work, and Cortana will give you the heads up on your iPhone when you’re on the road. Ask Cortana to make an appointment, send an email, open an app, or help you find what you’re looking for. And it’s not only about productivity, Cortana’s always up for a little chit chat. Ask Cortana whatever comes to mind, her answers might surprise you.
• Set and get location and time reminders across your PC and phone.
• Track packages, flights, scores, stocks, and other important info across your PC and phone.
• Use Cortana’s Notebook to view, edit and manage your interests
• Get information and answers to all kinds of questions. If you’re looking for it, Cortana can help find it.
• Have a little fun in your down time — ask anything, get jokes, and much more.
You must log in to post a comment.